I’m Andrew Chapman (@chapmanbookman). I’m based near Oxford, UK. I help people make books. I also dabble with web tools (see below). I’m the editor of Discover Your Ancestors magazine. I walk a lot. And I’m interested in all kinds of stuff, some of which I’ve written about. I also write Histories, a free weekly newsletter exploring hidden corners of the past through first-hand accounts.
What I can do for you
- copy edit your book (What does that mean? See my ‘Guide to the types of editing’) – I have particular expertise/experience as a history editor
- typeset your book for print or digital formats
- provide advice on self-publishing options
- if you’re a publishing company, I run a team for editorial services and project management of books and magazines.
Click here if you’d like to hire me.
- NEW for 2022: Oundle – a version of Wordle with British place names
- NEW for 2020: Acrofinder.net – a search engine for acronyms
- The Bookalyser – professional software for authors and editors
- A tool for helping write headlines
- Who Should You Vote For? (co-created political quiz site: 5m+ users)
- How Many Hippos? (co-authored quiz book and website)
- I co-created and ran a leading book recommendation website from 2005 until we sold it in 2019