I’m Andrew Chapman. I’m based near Oxford, UK. I help people make books and magazines. I also make web tools (see below). I’m the editor of Discover Your Ancestors magazine. I walk a lot. And I’m interested in all kinds of stuff, some of which I’ve written about. I also write Histories, a free weekly newsletter exploring hidden corners of the past through first-hand accounts.
What I can do for you
- copy edit your book (What does that mean? See my ‘Guide to the types of editing’)
- typeset your book for print or digital formats
- provide advice on self-publishing options
- if you’re a publishing company, I run a team for editorial services and project management of books and magazines.
My tools for writers and editors
- The Bookalyser – professional software for authors and editors
- Analyse a text for keywords
- A tool for writing headlines
- Analyse your writing style with the Blogalyser